Zakat is considered by Muslims as an act of purifying income and wealth through which one contributes for the well-being of fellow Muslims. Zakat is perceived as preserving social harmony between the wealthy and the poor. As one of the five pillars of Islam, Zakat is expected to be paid by all practicing Muslims who have the financial means.
Afghanistan’s maiden appearance at the Cricket World Cup on Feb 18th had a far greater significance than the scores in the match days. Sighting the spectacle of cricket fans parading the Afghan flag during one of the world’s biggest sporting events lends a sense of normality and national cohesion to the Afghans.
- Zainab Yar Wins Kabul Badminton Championship Cup
- Kabul, Ankara mark 94th year of friendship
- MRRD Marked International Women's Day
- Rula wants gap in rural-urban women bridged
- Female ALP Commander Helps ANA In Helmand Operation
- Ghani Visits Panjshir, Holds Extraordinary Meeting
- UNESCO Announces Plans to Construct Bamyan Museum
- Ghani optimistic about peace initiative