Ministry of Interior officials said Tuesday that 57 military operations have been launched across the country in the past two weeks – killing more than 100 insurgents so far.
In addition, 12 insurgents were arrested and 14 were injured.The operations were launched in Helmand, Faryab, Uruzgan and Baghlan provinces in a bid to clear insurgents, a spokesman for the Interior Ministry, Sediq Sediqqi said at a press conference in Kabul.He said that soon a large-scale military operation will launch under of name of "Shafaq" in Badakhshan, Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Badghis, Farah, Ghazni, Helmand and Nangarhar provinces. This will be one of the largest programs of the ministry to date to clear insurgents and destroy their bases."National police along with the national army have conducted 57 military operations over the past two weeks in Helmand, Kunduz, Badakhshan, Faryab, Uruzgan, Kunar, Nangarhar and Baghlan provinces," Sediqqi said.
He said the Interior Ministry has held discussions in the past three months over the launch of military operations and on preparations for security forces to use all resources to fight the "enemies.""The enemy is still there. The enemy has not been eliminated. We have a lot of enemies. Taliban, Haqqani and Daesh are the enemies of the people of Afghanistan. During the solar year 1395, we on behalf of the world are in the front line of the fight against terrorism. Afghanistan is shouldering the heavy burden of the fight against terrorism and we still need more facilities," he said.He emphasized that the threat of Daesh is still present in some parts of the country.