At least 11 Taliban fighters have been killed, 15 wounded and four others detained during an operation by Afghan security forces in southern Ghazni province, officials said on Saturday.
The operation “Zafar” was launched on Friday night in the Moqur, Giro and Andar districts of the province, a statement from the 203th Thunder Military Corps, told media.
During the course of operation, the statement said security forces recovered weapons, ammunition and vehicles from insurgents.
Meanwhile, Nazifullah Sultani, the spokesman of 203th Zafar Military Corps, said the offensive was still ongoing.
He said Afghan security forces or civilians remained unhurt during the operation. However, Taliban have not yet commented on the offensive.
Separately, elsewhere in Gelan district, two foreign soldiers have been killed following a roadside blast, he added.
In southern Kandahar, officials claimed seizing weapon and ammunition cache during an offensive in Zheri district.
In statement, the governor office said the operation was planned by National Directorate of Security (NDS) since last week.