Sun, Jun

82 Children Off To Germany For Medical Treatment

Health
Typography

At least 82 children suffering from severe burns and bone problems will be sent to Germany for medical treatment, officials said Tuesday.

childern-off-to-germanyThe initiative was taken by Peace Village International – a German medical organization and the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS).
"At least 82 children who met the conditions will be sent to Germany and will return home after treatment," said ARCS director of international relations Tayeb Yusufzai.
Meanwhile, some of the children who will go to Germany for treatment, said they are happy and hope to return home in a position to lead a normal life.
One young patient, Faisal, who has osteoporosis - a low bone density condition - has welcomed the chance to get specialized treatment.
"I am suffering from a severe bone condition. There is no possibility of my treatment here in the country therefore I am going to Germany. I am happy about it," said Faisal.
"I am happy that I am going to Germany for treatment. I want to continue my lessons (at school) once my treatment is completed," said Mina, another child.
According to ARCS, at least 3,000 children have been sent to Germany for treatment to date.