Fri, Nov

Agriculture development

Agriculture
Typography

Agriculture is the greatest source of food, employment and income generation in which most people are engaged in Afghanistan. Agriculture sector has been improving remarkably nationwide by efforts of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. 

Nangarhar Agriculture Developement

Agriculture is the greatest source of food, employment and income generation in which most people are engaged in Afghanistan. Agriculture sector has been improving remarkably nationwide by efforts of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. 

Provincial Governor Mohammad Gulab Mangal, while laying foundation stone of six projects for reconstruction of agriculture research farm, stated that Nangarhar will become food hive again by improving the security situation and implementing agricultural development projects. 

Eng. Rafiullah Rahimzai, Director of Nangarhar Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock emphasized that agriculture research farm will provide more farming opportunities and improved seeds for the respected farmers.

He added, “The projects which cost six million Afghanis include building of the research farm, mechanic workshop, roads and irrigation system in the farm.” 43-year-old, Raees Khan who was collecting onions harvests in Khewa district of Nangarhar appreciates government for the support in agriculture development. 

He is happy not only financially supporting the family but he also provides short term jobs in every harvesting season. “I don’t know if there is a more relaxing job than mine. My children go to school and we can get health services paid by the income from farming. Anytime the harvesting season comes, I employ more than ten youngsters of my village to work with me.”Gull Waris, another farmer working in a field close to Raees Khan’s field told Sada-e-Azadi that he is proud of playing his role in making Afghanistan self-sufficient food wise. 

“If I die of hunger, I will not grow what is against my holly religion. Whoever grows poppy and other narcotics should know that he destroys the country and the lives of others because the narcotics income supports the enemies financially to continue the war in Afghanistan.” 

He is also happy for the increase of income from agriculture. He said, “I have a lot of agriculture land but nearly ten years ago, I didn’t know to get better income. Since I participated in agriculture training workshops, my agriculture harvests level increased fifty percent. Also, I got knowledge how to find market for my products.”Noor Wali Spinghar, an agriculture expert based in Nangarhar, describes agriculture as an important sector not only crucial for economic strength but also having a great effect on security.

He said, “Agriculture sector provides jobs and revenue. Employment and permanent income hinder insurgents attempt to find recruits among jobless people.” He applauded the endeavors of government for developing the agriculture sector.

He said, “In recent years, the harvests are double due to construction of irrigation canals, distribution of improved seeds, training of farmers and expansion of opportunities of receiving quality treatments for prevention of agrarian infections. Mr. Spinghar added, “Increasing agricultural crops not only fulfills the demand inside the country but also it founds the way to export to neighboring countries and as a consequence the farmers earn better.”